Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Change-Up

It's been over 3 years since I last posted on this blog. It's not because I haven't wanted to post, it's because there really haven't been many (any?) significant changes in the Essbase world worth blogging about. Is it because Essbase is dead? I check the Google search trends for essbase and see this:


It is a little troubling to see this as one who has been developing Essbase applications since 1998 -- a full six years before this chart even begins. But it isn't that Essbase is dead, far from it. Essbase is just behind the scenes now. It's the engine behind some of the most powerful and successful cloud applications on the planet. It's time for me to embrace that fact and learn all there is to know about Oracle EPM Cloud.

My goal is to now post regularly about this "New Essbase". I work for Applied OLAP so expect Dodeca and Drillbridge content to be sprinkled in as well. See you next time.

No comments: