Sunday, August 2, 2015

Resurrecting This Blog

I'm officially resurrecting this blog which I barely touched back in 2007 and haven't touched since.

Essbase development seems to be filled with trade-offs: design decisions giving up functionality for performance, a number of different ways to do the same thing. Very rarely do these different ways perform in the same way. My goal for this blog will be to test out various ways of doing similar things. If you have test cases for me to try, please feel free to send them my way and I'll do my best to test them out. If you see I've doing things one way and you think you know a better way, let me know and I'll try to re-test. My goal for this blog is to have a toolbox filled with options. When you know all of your options and how each behaves, you can be a better developer.

In most cases I'll be testing out using the very latest release of Essbase. Until further notice, that's 11.1.2.4.002. I'll try to make a post whenever I do an upgrade as well. Enjoy!

No comments: