This probably won't impact most databases but it's worth noting that there are a few changes in the 184.108.40.206 limits documentation.
1. Number of stored dimension level combinations in an aggregate storage outline is now gone.
2. Number of dimensions in an aggregate storage or block storage outline is 255. This limit was not mentioned in 220.127.116.11 limits documentation. I'd like to see someone running a production database with 200+ dimensions. On second thought, no I don't.
3. Number of possible sparse blocks in a block storage database for 64 bit systems goes from 2^128 down to 2^104. This is the same value as it was for 32 bit systems in 18.104.22.168.
4. UDA limit goes from 80 bytes or characters in non-unicode and unicode respectively to 1024 bytes or characters.
5. It looks like a bug in the documentation was fixed for the BSO Limits (or maybe one was introduced?). Number of non-zero values in a dense data block in a block storage database went away. Number of possible cells per block in a block storage outline changed from 2^52 to (2^28-1). Seems strange to me.
Post a Comment