Wednesday, November 28, 2007

@CALCMODE(BOTTOMUP) Saved My Life

So I finally figured out my problem. I added @CALCMODE(BOTTOMUP) to some member formulas that are giving me fits -- taking way too long to retrieve. Some of them worked and some of them didn't. With some careful tweaking of the ones that didn't, I was able to get retrievals that were taking 20 seconds to return in less than 1 second. Woo Hoo!

One user's report that had been taking over 20 minutes to retrieve now comes back in 62 seconds. Who needs ASO when you've got this setting? That reminds me, I need to fix a little issue I've been having with updating numbers during the day in one of my cubes. Will address that one tomorrow...

2 comments:

Mo said...

I'm having problems with calc'ing. I can only get my four processor box to use one processor (and only an average of about 25% of that one!). Such a waste. Any of these calc options make Essbase run a little faster and use more of my horses?

(I'm very green at Essbase)

Rodney Adkins said...

update your configuration file or within your calc script leverage calcmodeparallel