Friday, September 25, 2015

Sweet Home Chicago


I'd like to take this laid back Friday to talk about Chicago and Kscope. I attended my first Kscope back in June. I hadn't been to a conference in many years (the last conference I spoke at was in 2000 -- discussing the upgrade to Essbase 6!). It was time to check out this Kscope everyone was raving about. I was still skeptical but I submitted an abstract and it was accepted. Little did I know what I was in store for. This was unlike any conference I had been to. There was emphasis on actual technical content. I talked with people who have been living and breathing Essbase since it ran on OS/2. It reinvigorated me and rekindled my passion for this technology. I saw all the cool things people were doing and it made me want to do better. It made me want to explore new things like HSO.

If you're reading this blog, you're probably using Oracle EPM in some way. You have to go to Kscope16. I want to meet you and hear about your implementations -- about how you overcame some seemingly insurmountable obstacle. I want to hear your presentations. So get going, write up a killer abstract and submit it. The deadline is October 15th.

In case you need some more motivation, I can personal attest to the fact that late June in Chicago is the best time all year to visit. If you've never been here, you have to come. Chicago weather in June is just about perfect. Chicago is filled with world class parks, museums, architecture and restaurants. So get that abstract in next week and I'll see you in June.

No comments: